Do you want some new curtains but you can’t afford to go out and purchase those expensive one at the shop. Besides, you can’t even pay for the budget one anymore, and they don’t seem close to good as the others. What should we do? Okay, you don’t need to sit there and do nothing at all. I’ll give you some tips on how to make curtains with extremely a little budget for your home.
1. There are so many stores showing up all over the place that offer anything in their store for only $1. The dollar store is your Friend! Even if you might not ever think about going in there for curtains, You can find some great garnishments that will work amazing. For example like fake flowers, strands of ivy, bows and other items that you can cover the tops of your curtains will instantly decorate every room. Some great items for curtains all over your home can be purchased just for under $20.
2. Go to any fabric store, find some beautiful sheer material in any color you like for your curtains, sheer material is cheap. With this extremely cheap material you can dress up your room, give you a little bit of privacy and of course keep your room from excessive sunlight. Ensure that you measure your windows correctly so that you know exactly how many you need the sheer material, and make sure you leave room to sew it at the bottoms and the tops.
3. The way to save some money is you can check out the clearance rack for other great materials instead of sheer materials. Sometimes you are able to find the best suitable materials for your curtains for your home and get them with extremely cheap price. So make sure that you already search here first.
4. It is simple, you just need a needle and thread that you can use to hem the tops and the bottoms of your material for your curtains, no need to have a sewing machine. And you don’t have to be a seamstress or dressmaker to do all this stuff. Simple threading forwards and backwards to hold the material together is great, just makes sure that you measure the curtain rod so you know how broad you need the hem to be.
5. If you are using thin thread to sew the hems on your curtains, then you should ensure that you double the thread up or that you go over it twice to make the seams strong. Ensure that the seams are strong so that they don’t give out and your curtains fall to the floor.
6. When you have your curtains sewn up and hanging, use your dress up items. You can use the items that you picked up at the dollar store. It’s easy to cover a strand of ivy around your curtain rods or to dress up the tops of your curtains with flower or other decorations.
And then you have it done. Is it easy now for you to make curtains after read this tips how to make curtains right? It is easy to make your own curtains for your home with little effort on your part and get exactly what you want for your window curtains. Whatever color curtains you are searching for, it’s easy to get the fantastic look anytime.